Night Out in Athens
Night Out in Athens
Departures: Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday & Saturday
Evening – Night Tour
The evening tour Night Out in Athens includes:
Your evening begins with a short panoramic drive through the city center and on the slopes of the sacred hill you will be able to see, admire and take photos of the illuminated Acropolis.
Then a pleasant walk through the narrow picturesque streets of Plaka, the old city, will bring you at a Typical Greek Tavern where you will enjoy your dinner following a floor show with live music and Greek Folk Dances in traditional costumes.
The mesmerizing and graphic Plaka was developed mostly around the ruins of Ancient Agora of Athens in an area that has been continuously inhabited since antiquity.
During the years of Ottoman rule, Plaka was the known as the “Turkish quarter of Athens”, and the seat of the Turkish Voivode (Governor).
During the Greek War of Independence, Plaka like the rest of Athens, was temporarily abandoned by its inhabitants because of the severe battles that took place in 1826.
The area was repopulated during the first years of King Otto’s rule. Plaka had a sizable Arvanite community till the late 19th century, which led some to refer to it as the Arvanite quarter of Athens.
At the same period the neighborhood of Anafiotika, featuring traditional Cycladic architecture, was built by settlers from the Aegean island of Anafi.
In 1884 a fire burned down a large part of the neighborhood which gave the opportunity for the archaeologists to conduct excavations in the Roman Market and Hadrian’s library. Excavations have been taking place continuously since 19th century.
Language: English, French, Italian
Meeting Point: Will be provided upon booking
Meeting Time: Will be provided upon booking
- All Rates are NET in Euro per person including taxes
- Children between 0 and 4 years old may join free of charge provided no bed or seat in the bus occupied, or meals offered | Children between 5 and 12 years old may benefit from discount
- Round trip transfers within Athens’ Center are included in rates given
- Round trip transfers outside Athens’ Center will be provided upon request individually and are not included
- Kindly pay attention to the service status that tours are operational
- Free cancellation applies 3 days prior to date of booked tour.